Data Request Guidelines
Under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act, you are entitled to see the personal data information that we hold about you. You are not entitled to see data relating to other people (unless you are acting on behalf of that person).
You can send a written request via email to Enquiries@eiscap.com to request any of the following:
- to know whether any of your personal data is being processed
- to see a description of your personal data that we hold
- to see the reasons it is being processed
- to know whether it will be given to any other organisations or people
- to be given a copy of the information comprising the data; and given details of the source of the data (where available).
- As per Section 8(2) of the Data Protection Act, EIS Capital is not obliged to supply a copy of the information in permanent form if it would involve disproportionate effort to do so, including difficulties finding the requested information.
EIS Capital reserves the right to request information that enables us to determine the person making the request is the individual to whom the personal data relates. This is to ensure we protect the security of data we hold for all individuals and only disclose personal information belonging to the specific individual making the query.
EIS Capital also reserves the right to request information required that may enable us to find the data requested, to assist with fulfilling your request.
EIS Capital reserves the right to request sufficient information to ensure a third party acting on behalf of an individual is, in fact, entitled to act on behalf of that individual. This is to ensure we protect the security of data we hold for all individuals and only disclose personal information belonging to the specific individual attached to the query.
EIS Capital is not required to provide information in cases where the enquiry relates to the requester and other individuals, where that information allows those individuals to be identified, unless:
- the other individual has consented to the disclosure, or
- it is reasonable in all the circumstances to comply with the request without that individual’s consent.
EIS Capital is not required to comply with identical or similar requests for information that we have already provided from previous requests made within close interval.
We may require a fee of £10, dependent upon the extent of information you require.
As per the Data Protection Act, we will respond to you as soon as possible within 30 calendar days of receiving your request. However, some types of personal data are exempt from the right of subject access and so cannot be obtained by making a subject access request.